LEGAL FRAMEWORK FOR PERFORMING ACTIVITIES
The Brod-Posavina County Development Center was established on the basis of the Regional Development Act (OG 147/14; 123/17) and the Decision of the Brod-Posavina County Assembly with the aim of effective coordination and encouraging the work of the regional coordinator for Brod-Posavina County, as a public institution with public authorizations to perform the activities of the regional coordinator for the area of BPŽ, ie permanent performance of the registered activity.
ACTIVITY AND STATUS
The Brod-Posavina County Development Center is a legal entity independent in performing its activities and operations, in accordance with the law and regulations based on the law and the founding act, as a regional coordinator for the BPŽ area who performs the following tasks:
- drafts the county development strategy and other strategic and development documents for the county and their implementation documents authorized by the Founder
- checks the compliance of strategic development planning documents of the county with hierarchically higher strategic planning documents and makes decisions confirming compliance
- provides professional assistance in the preparation and implementation of support programs to public bodies and public institutions in the county founded by the Republic of Croatia or counties, in the preparation and implementation of development projects of interest for the development of the county, and especially projects co-financed by the structural and investment funds of the European Union
- provides professional assistance in the preparation and implementation of development projects of public bodies and public institutions from the county founded by the Republic of Croatia or local and regional units self-government, which are of interest for the development of the county, as well as joint development projects of interest for the development of several counties
- implements county development programs for which the institution is authorized by the Founder
- implements programs of ministries and other central state administration bodies related to more balanced regional development.
In addition to the above, as a regional coordinator CTR is obliged, in addition to the above tasks, to perform other tasks of public interest for which it is registered which are placed under its jurisdiction, under the supervision of the Ministry of Regional Development and European Union Funds which are:
- enter development projects of importance for the development of the county in the central electronic register of development projects
- coordinate the registration of other public bodies in the central electronic register of development projects
- perform professional and advisory activities related to the implementation of the county development strategy and other strategic, development and implementation documents for the county and report to the Founder and the competent ministry, MRRFEU, on their implementation
- cooperate with MRRFEU and all other relevant sections on strategic planning and development management for the county
- coordinate the activities of local self-government units in the county related to regional development
- perform administrative and professional tasks for the needs of the county partnership
- Participate in the work of partner councils.
The Center for Development of Brod-Posavina County may perform other tasks within its public authorities determined by special regulations, ie tasks entrusted to it.