Project title: “Simulation – education center for disaster risk management to strengthen capacity for climate change adaptation (SIMED)”
Project holder: Brod-Posavina County Project
- Department of Emergency Medicine of Brod-Posavina County
- Public institution Port Authority Slavonski Brod
Total value of the project: HRK 1,773,530.00, and it is co-financed by 85% by the EU from the European Regional Development Fund, from Priority Axis 10 – Technical Assistance of the Operational Program Competitiveness and Cohesion 2014-2020.
Project implementation period: 6.10.2020.-6.10.2021
The role of the Center for Development of Brod-Posavina County: technical support in the preparation and implementation of the project The project plans to develop project-technical documentation for:
- construction and equipping of SIMED CENTER which will consist of a new infrastructure unit for the Institute for Emergency Medicine of Brod-Posavina County (ZHM BPŽ) and space capacities of the Civil Protection Headquarters of Brod-Posavina County for meetings, continuous training of medical staff in emergency response teams protection of Brod – Posavina County as well as all other facilities necessary for the smooth functioning of the Headquarters.
- construction of a TERMINAL FOR INTERVENTION ACTIVITIES IN CRISIS SITUATIONS ON THE SAVA RIVER with a crane for lowering / raising vessels, ie a crane with a capacity of up to 15 tons for handling cargo (boats) from the level of the manipulative plateau (operational level) to the water level.
The terminal will provide functional work even in the most critical situations (floods) and conditions for transshipment of goods and injured persons in all conditions. The terminal will be used by the Water Rescue Team, services such as the police, border police and customs, which use vessels (boats) to perform activities in crisis situations on the Sava River, but also citizens who own vessels (boats, speedboats, scooters). The project will represent the next development phase of infrastructural and technical capacities in crisis situations caused by climate change, which has often affected Brod – Posavina County in recent years, as well as modernization and geostrategic positioning of the county system for combating climate and natural disasters. PROJECT ACTIVITIES The project will implement three activities that will achieve all the planned results of the project:
- Preparation of project-technical documentation and other studies for the strategic project SIMED
- Project management
- Promotion and visibility